This is an IBM Automation portal for Digital Business Automation products. To view all of your ideas submitted to IBM, create and manage groups of Ideas, or create an idea explicitly set to be either visible by all (public) or visible only to you and IBM (private), use the IBM Unified Ideas Portal (https://ideas.ibm.com).
Shape the future of IBM!
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Search existing ideas
Start by searching and reviewing ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted, and add a comment, vote, or subscribe to updateson them if they matter to you. If you can't find what you are looking for,
Post your ideas
Post an idea.
Get feedback from the IBM team and other customers to refine your idea.
Follow the idea through the IBM Ideas process.
Please use the following category to raise ideas for these offerings for all environments (traditional on premises, containers, on cloud):
Cloud Pak for Automation - including Business Automation Studio, Business Automation Insights
Business Automation Workflow (BAW) - including BAW, Business Process Manager, Workstream Services, Business Performance Center, Advanced Case Management
Content and Capture Services - including Filenet, Automation Document Processing, Daeja, Navigator, Content Collector, Enterprise Records, Business Automation Content Analyzer, Datacap, Automation Mobile Capture, Content Manager OnDemand, IBM Content Manager
Automation Decision Services (ADS) - including ADS, Operational Decision Manager
Robotic Process Automation
Robotic Process Automation with Automation Anywhere
IBM Blueworks Live
Business Automation Manager Open Edition
Specific links you will want to bookmark for future use
Simplify the container image download procedure for BAW or Cloud Pak for BA
Hi IBM colleage,
Start from Cloud Pak for BA 21.0.3, the customer cannot download the installation file or container image file directly from IBM Passport Advantage Portal. The cusotmer needs a lot of effort to download the Cloud Pak for BA or BAW image files .
1) At this moment, the customer need to install many tools (e.g. OpenSSL version 1.1.1 or higher., Podman or Docker, skopeo 1.2.x, httpd-tools, IBM Cloud Pak CLI (cloudctl)). Some banking customers cannot install the open source tools in their environemnts due to the compliance issue.
2) The customer need to open the ports for different web site and container registry. (This make the customer apply unnecessary network request in order to download the patch or container image files)
• *.docker.io and *.docker.com
• icr.io:443 for the IBM Entitled Registry.
• quay.io:443 for foundational services.
• github.com for CASE and tools.
3) The customer need to read the following links and understand the technical instruction , and type many commands in order to download the image files or patch.
3.1) For more information refer below URL:
3.2) Packages to download:
Setting up the CASE archive and inventory
3.3) Download the images:
We received the customer complain about our container image download procedure is complex, unlike the file download approach in passport advanage in the past.
So, we hope the Product team can design a "turn key" approach to download the container images for Cloud Pak for BA or BAW (running in container or OCP).
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.