This is an IBM Automation portal for Digital Business Automation products. To view all of your ideas submitted to IBM, create and manage groups of Ideas, or create an idea explicitly set to be either visible by all (public) or visible only to you and IBM (private), use the IBM Unified Ideas Portal (https://ideas.ibm.com).
Shape the future of IBM!
We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Search existing ideas
Start by searching and reviewing ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted, and add a comment, vote, or subscribe to updateson them if they matter to you. If you can't find what you are looking for,
Post your ideas
Post an idea.
Get feedback from the IBM team and other customers to refine your idea.
Follow the idea through the IBM Ideas process.
Please use the following category to raise ideas for these offerings for all environments (traditional on premises, containers, on cloud):
Cloud Pak for Business Automation - including Business Automation Studio and App Designer, Business Automation Insights
Business Automation Workflow (BAW) - including BAW, Business Process Manager, Workstream Services, Business Performance Center, Advanced Case Management
Content Services - FileNet Content Manager
Content Services - Content Manager OnDemand
Content Services - Daeja Virtual Viewer
Content Services - Navigator
Content Services - Content Collector for Email, Sharepoint, Files
Content Services - Content Collector for SAP
Content Services - Enterprise Records
Content Services - Content Manager (CM8)
Automation Document Processing
Automation Decision Services (ADS)
Operational Decision Manager
Robotic Process Automation
Robotic Process Automation with Automation Anywhere
Business Automation Manager Open Edition
IBM Process Mining
Specific links you will want to bookmark for future use
Support multiple versions running simultaneously in the same BAW instance
1. Case instance 1 started when there is only snapshot 1 deployed in BAW, activityA started, it triggered BAW process instance A created under snapshot 1. And another activity "activityB" is waiting for starting depends on preconditions.
2. If found some bugs or business needs, we have to make changes in case solution project, which might mean changes in case and BAW side for the models, so snapshot 2 was created and deployed, now snapshot 2 is the new default snapshot in BAW.
3. We start case instance 2, which is under snapshot 2, BAW side process instance is running under snapshot 2.
4. However, if we continue to work on case instance 1, which has activityA was created at snapshot 1 timeframe. End user opens UI (a user task) from the instance for activityA, make changes in one case property, it cause the pre-condition defined in activityB to return true, so case side sends WS API to BAW to start BPD instance for activityB. We expect the new BAW process instance for activityB runs under snapshot 1. From case management feature, it creates the new instance under snapshot 2, since it is new default snapshot.
5. Both activityA and activityB use local process, not external process in case type.
This feature lets old instances continue running in the previous design process.
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.